Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wicked






On Thursday, March 19th, a huge group of us went and saw Wicked. It was awesome!! I highly recommend seeing it if and when you can. The music was fantastic and the dialogue was very well written. I loved it. Both Whitney's sisters came to see it, along with theirt husbands,other family and friends. It is in San Francisco until September. Awesome!!!

Ok, next topic:

We had all the Lowe cousins here for about four days. That was great for all the kids. They played alot together. It was nice to hang out with Whit's sisters too. I had spent time with Cassie on our big trip, but didn't get a chance to spend time with Diana. It was fun to sit around and talk and play games and laugh at people on YouTube (Jake, cough).
When Diana was here, we all went to Muir Woods by San Rafael. It was a really neat place to go. This is Jared showing Daddy the banana slugs that live there.



These are all the Lowe cousins (minus Ashlyn because she was asleep).


Jared split his head, again. This time he had to get 4 stitches; not just 2 staples. I took these pics for posterity's sake. Apparently, Jacob pushed Jared off the chair in their room and Jard fell back and hit his head on a toy with a charp edge. Lovely. Jared came out crying. So I bend down over the top of him to kiss it better and realize the back of his shirt was soaked. My first thought was, where did he get the grape juice? My next thought was, crap. My third thought was, Whit's not here. Great. SO I called my mother in-law. She and Cassie came over and took Jacob and Sarah to her house while I took Jared to the hospital. We were there about 2 1/2 hours, which is better than the last time around. I am very proud of myself for not freaking out and for holding it together. But, man it would have been nice to have Whit there so I could stand outside the room while they stitched him up. I know that Whit would have come if I have asked him, but I knew it was more important for him to stay at the academy that night when it wasn't a serious injury. I love you Whit.


Happy Birthday to Jacob!! I was really excited about how the cake turned out. One of my new hobbies is cake decorating. I had d0ne some really cute cupcakes for a baby shower earlier in the month.

And the last picture is Sarah doing her stink bug walk. Absolutely adorable. She will be 10 months on the 8th. This year has seemed to go by so fast. And yet it feels like the Academy will never end. Just 6 1/2 more weeks!! Yay! We should find out in the next week or so where Whit will be working. His top choices were all in the bay area so the chances of us having to move are small. I am keeping my fingers crossed, though.

3 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That picture makes me nauseous.

WOW on the cake!!!! That's so funny about the cake decorating, I've been getting into it in my head, I'll have to show you this Barbie one I found sometime. Have you seen it? Check the happyhousewife.com. :)

The last one though... WOW. How does she keep growing so fast?

Diana Hawkins said...

Cassie! I LOVE how your cake turned out! Looks very professional. What size did you end up going with - it looks huge!

It was so fun to spend time together while we were out there. I only wish we could have stayed longer. I had so much fun with you and your sweet kids, and it was a bonus to see way more of Whitney than I thought we were going to. Can't wait to see you all again!

I posted some fun pictures of Jacob and Jared at Muir Woods on my blog, and I have others I didn't post but will email you.

PS - The stinkbug walk picture of Sarah is hilarious! What a cutie.

Love you! Di

Natalie said...

Thanks for your comment about my Grandparents! It means a lot! I'll have to go see Wicked sometime...I keep hearing how good it is! WOw, he split his head for the second time? I'm sorry, you are becoming an expert at how to handle that kind of situation though! And I really like the cake!