Saturday, October 18, 2008

Worst week

Ok, so that new show on CBS has nothing on me. What do you do when your kids get up in the morning, like they normally do, watch Disney, like they normally do, and then eat all the crackers, pretzels, and today it was cookies. Actually, after I sent them to their room and called Whitney to complain, I found probably ten on the couch. So it looks like they only ate half the bag, thank goodness. They have been bouncing off the walls this week as it is. I don't mind letting them have sugar, but they never more than a couple of cookies in a day, or a small bowl of ice cream. The only time they get spoiled with more is if we're at familys' house. I guess I'll just have to to take them to the park again today. Any suggestions on how to keep the kids from eating all the food before I even get out of bed? I know I could get up earlier, but I really don't like that idea. They get up about 7am and I usually get up about 8. IS that so bad? Advise would be helpful.

The yard is still under construction, but should be done by Tuesday or Wednesday. The last and final step will be to get us a lawn mower so we don't have to hawl over Dad's stuff every other week in the van. But they have an extra one that just needs to be fixed so I'll prod Whitney to get that done before the end of next week. I am so excited for the yard!! Well, I guess that's the list of complaints for today. I know I don't just get on here and complain but today it feels like that is all I do. Thanks for listening!!

2 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Get a childproof on the cabinet? Teach them what cereals are okay and what is not? Put it on top of the fridge?

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

The only way I get my boys to not eat snacks is by hiding them on the top shelf in the pantry. When I get them out, I close the door so they can't see what I'm doing AND I'm really strict about them climbing so they know they are not allowed. I do have a place where some snacks are available to the boys if they are hungry, but they have to ask first, and it's usually not very yummy snacks (plain cheerios) so they have to be really hungry to actually eat them! Hope that helps!
Good luck on getting your yard in! I loved the picture of Jacob riding his bike in the hole! Sad!
Congrats on Whit getting into the acadamy. Does that mean you are a single parent for 6 months?? You are a trooper! I think I'd die! Actually, I'd probably lose weight because I'd stop cooking dinner! :) And I wouldn't clean my house and I'd read lots of novels.... hey, maybe it wouldn't be so bad! j/k of course! Good luck!