Thursday, October 16, 2008

This is blog worthy

Ok, so I must amend my last entry. It wasn't really Medic's fault. Whitney takes responsibility, of course. But it still sucked. Then he called me before he left for work and wanted to know what I thought about him picking up a 24....right. Anyway, by the time he called dispatch to tell them he would take the shift, they found someone else. So I got to have him home on Tuesday, which was nice. What is not so nice, is that he will practically get no sleep this week. He worked last night and today Rick stopped by to look at the progress Whit's been making on the backyard. Then he had to go to Fairfield to a meeting about one of his calls he had back in May. Then he had to have his snuggle time and fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours. Tonight he works and tomorrow he's supposed to get Dad from the airport, and will probably want to work on the yard. Then he picked up a shift for Saturday 7a to 7p. So he will finally get a solid eight Saturday night. Poor guy. Pray that he gets some sleep at work between now and then.
Now, moving on. Today we had a little adventure. I realized the best blog material is the stuff that happens everyday with the boy. So, today I decided to plant some flowers in the front and the boys were helping. Jacob came over and asked if I could get the blue ball out of his nose. What? I remembered seeing him play with a little pellet-sized blue plastic ball. I looked in his nose but I couldn't see anything. I grabbed my phone and wanted to call Whitney but he was in a meeting. Figures. So I called the doctor's office and was on hold when I saw the boys playing in the neighbor's driveway. I went over and Jacob was trying to get a little blue pellet from between the cracks. He said he "smelled the ball out of my nose". I asked if the one on the ground was the one that had been in his nose and he said yes. When Whitney got home we got on film Jacob telling Whit what happened. the nurse I had talked to gave me pointers in case he decides to shove anything else up his nose. So now we know. We had a little talk with Jacob about putting things in his nose. Like I said, an adventure.

1 comment:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is cute. I'm sure it wasn't as cute in the process though.

Thanks for sharing!

On another note, I don't think we will be able to make it out there this month, it's just too crazy busy right now.

But I am looking forward to November! Let me know what dates you want to come and I'll wash the guest bedding for you! :D