Thursday, August 21, 2008

He Lives!

Whitney had his surgery Tuesday. We got there at 6:30am and they took Whitney to do all his pre-op stuff. Kim and Julie went with us and that was a blessing. I had Sarah there so it was nice to have a couple extra set of hands. The surgery took 2 1/2 hours. The doctor told me it went textbook perfect and there were no complications. They just wanted to observe him for the next 6 hours. This pic is Whitney right after the surgery when they let me in to see him.This is Whitney 5 seconds later.
They moved him to an observation section of the hospital. When it was time for him to get up and move, he got dizzy and his blood presure. They noticed his leg where they went in was bleeding so they laid him back down and redressed the wound. We were able to leave an hour and 1/2 later. We got home about 7:30pm. It was a long day at the hospital. A friend had watched the boys for most of that time and then Shannon went and picked them for a couple of hours until we got home. They were such blessings on Tuesday. I didn't have to worry about the boys at all. I knew they were safe and having fun. In fact today, I took cookies over to Julliann to say Thank you and when we got there, Jared told me to leave. I think that tells you where he wants to spend his time. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Now is a good time to call Whit. He'll be home until Wednesday evening recouping. We love you all.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad he is doing well. That would make me soo nervous to have to wait for my husband while he is in surgery! How did you handle it? That's nice you had people there to help. Someday, we'll have to meet up and introduce each other to our husbands! See ya.

Cassondra said...

Yay! I am so glad it all went well! Tell Whit that I am sad I missed his calls. We were in the boondocks of Idaho all week and just got home at 4am this morning. As soon as I catch up on a little sleep. I'll call him back! I sure love you guys!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I wouldn't have expected ANYTHING less.

erin elaina said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well.

Cassondra said...

I'm missin' you cass! I need another post to get my fix... ;) How are you holding up with 3 kids? How are those cute munchkins???
Love you,
other cass

Cassondra said...

Cassie,
I tagged you on my blog. Just copy and paste the entry and change the answers to your own. Can't wait to read it! Love you!
Cass