Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Out of touch

Unless there is something significant happening, I don't always think to blog about it, but I will try and be better. I've kind of been in my own little world the last two or three weeks. I haven't done much outside the house. I call them my funk periods and Whitney says they happen after every baby. I feel like I don't do enough with the boys, that I just let them play and don't really interact with them or do anything stimulating. So I've been trying to be better at reading them stories and spending at least a few minutes with each boy and playing with them.
Fortunately for my boys, they both have great imaginations. I enjoy listening to Jacob talk to his trains and cars. he makes them come alive and I think that is such a precious thing about childhood. An active imagination should never be squelched and I hope I never do that to my kids.
Whitney is working to get in shape for the academy. We haven't heard anything since his surgery and I am nagging him to just give them a call and make sure they received the info on his surgery. Sometimes I think applications can get shuffled to the side and I don't want that to happen to him. I just want to know for sure that he is starting in November. It seems like everything we do and plan hinges on when he goes in.
I started out exercising with Whitney, but it seemed too much to ask for the boys to stay in their room for an hour. I liked doing my workouts in the morning, and then go shower and get ready for the day, but they wanted to be right there and do it with me. Which isn't a bad thing unless I'm trying to hold my self up and they decide I am a tunnel and start crawling under me. I feel like I am going to collapse on top of them. So we got a hold of a ten minute work out by the same guy and I am able to do that in the morning while the boys are eating breakfast. The only result I have noticed is sore muscles. Well, I am hoping that in a couple of months I'll be able to see a difference.
Sarah is doing great. She smiles at me all the time. I am so lucky to have a beautiful daughter and wonderful sons who love her so much. I know I need to be more patient with my boys, but every night I thank the Lord that he has blessed me with such sweet spirits to nurture in this life. I try and remember that when they are driving my insane.
Oh, here is a bit of news. I have the worst teeth in the entire world. I had to go get a fourth root canal and crown done yesterday. They want to do one more root canal but the dentist said it's an infection so I am trying to get rid of it using supplements first. I would really rather not have another root canal, thank you. They are not the most pleasant things in the world. I have made a promise to myself that I am going to take extra nutrients to keep my teeth healthy. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll still have some of my own by the time I'm forty. Thanks for letting me ramble. We love you all!!

4 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

You are a wonderful mother Cassie. I love to see strive and succeed. You inspire me.

Ramble on chica! I love to hear all of your wonderful life details.

Big hugs and I will see you before I know it!

Natalie said...

Hey! Are you doing Tony Hortons 10 minute workouts? I was looking into those. Do you like? Sorry, about your teeth! I hear ya, I haven't had any root canals ,thank goodness, but I have a ton of cavities that I need to take care of, plus my wisdom and I still need braces and I'm not excited about!

Cassondra said...

Cassie,
I loved reading all about how things have been going. And I think you're a great blogger so don't be too hard on yourself. Sorry about your teeth - that is SO lame! Good for you to be working out- even if it's only 10 minutes - that's better than me! I am so anxious to see you guys in March. I'm practically counting down the months!

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

I love the attitude you have about having 3 little kids at home! Kids are hard but they are the best, aren't they?? Like anything that's worthwhile in life, they take hard work. It does get easier, though. Matthew is five and is so easy and so much fun now! Isaac, my 16 month old, is super fun too, he is just still a lot of work!
Good job working out. I know how difficult that is! That gets easier as they get older, too! :) I give Matthew "Isaac Duty" and he will play with Isaac for 30 minutes for me! It's awesome!
Any way,I didn't mean for that to be so long, your situation is just so familiar! :) Good luck!