Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I can see!

   Last week I was able to have LASIK surgery.  It's so great to be able to see and not need contacts or glasses; especially when I've worn them for 15 years.  It was weird but didn't hurt.  The ride home was uncomfortable but once I got home I went to sleep and felt much better when I woke up.  I've had no problems.  I haven't been able to wear mascara for a week so people think my allergies are kicking up or ask if I'm ok because I'm not wearing makeup.  I find it funny since I never a lot any way; just usually mascara, and on occasion eye shadow and foundation.
   I watched my baby boy get baptized on his birthday, March 30th.  I was such a mess.   I couldn't seem to stop crying.  He was so cute and got to be baptized with Michael and Brielle.  It was a great, crazy busy weekend.  We had his birthday party on Friday, baptism and luncheon Saturday, and then a family dinner Sunday, which happened to be Easter.  The weather held, which was nice.  We took family pictures Saturday afternoon.  Dad and Ammon came out, but Mom couldn't make it and neither could J.D. or Aunalies.  I know they wanted to be there and I love them for that.
   Kamryn, my dear girl, has been a pill the past couple of days.  I'm starting to think she is teething.  She has been a grump and very bossy to everyone.  Her vocabulary is extensive now so she can pretty much communicate whatever she wants.  I'm hoping this won't last.  I'm about ready to muzzle her so she can't yell at me anymore :).
   Along with being baptized, Jacob has started Scouts.  He's pretty excited about that.  We sat down and did his Bobcat trail today.  I'm a bit excited too to learn about the scouting program.  I know bits and pieces from watching my brothers go through and Mom serving as a scout leader.  But it will be fun to do it with Jacob and then Jared also next year.

No comments: