Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Update

   So far this summer has been fairly busy, which I wasn't expecting.  And this month will only be more busy.  I was asked to go to Girl's Camp and I am excited, but a little nervous too.  I haven't been since I was a YCL, and I haven't worked with the youth in any calling.  I've been in Primary for the last 3 1/2 years and just a couple of weeks ago was released and called as the Wolf Den leader.  So how do I relate to these girls?  Why would they open up to me when they only know me as someone they babysit for?  I hope that this will be a good experience for them and for me, but I'm probably worrying over nothing.  I will be an assistant tent mom and also be in the kitchen.  I kind of wish I was only doing one or the other, but I'm glad to be going at all and helping where they need me.
   I am excited to be helping Jacob with his scouting and learning more about Scouts.  At least I know this way he'll be passing off requirements!  I'll probably be doing this at least 2 years, since Jared will turn 8 next year.  Who knows what will happen after that.  I'm sad that I won't be working with Melissa, Megan and Arieta any more.  I really enjoyed being in the Primary Presidency.  A week ago Sunday I couldn't seem to stop crying during Primary.  I have to say though, it was nice to sit next to Whitney for the 2nd and 3rd hours of church this week.  It was nice to listen to the lessons and be able to participate in adult discussions of the gospel. 
    I'm doing the PTC again this year and I'm glad I have the chance to be involved in the kids' school and try and make it better.  I also am going to be the Art Coordinator again.  Over the summer I will be updating some of the lessons and the program in general and hopefully will go back in August more organized.  
   At the end of the month we are going on a camping trip.  Woohoo!  We might get to go one or two more times the whole year and the kids will be excited to go!

No comments: