Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy February!....Again!

      Has it really been an entire year?!  I can't believe with all my vast amounts of free time ;) I haven't found time to post.  Though, to tell the truth, posting has never been my favorite thing.  I go back and forth and it's so easy now to post things on facebook and upload pictures there.  But I don't post on a regular basis there either.  Perhaps if I treat this as my journal, I'll post more often.  I guess we'll see.
          My baby gets baptized next month!  I can't believe he is almost 8 years old!  Cassie told me to prepare to be emotional and I am just thinking about it!  I love him so much and it's been fun and rewarding to see how he is maturing in certain ways. Our conversations are different now.  He enjoys basketball and reading about the planets and dinosaurs and science experiments.
     He was talking to Whitney the other day about a game he had been playing on the ipad.
    "Dad, I was fighting this skeleton and it was a piece of cake!  Then I was fighting this other skeleton and it was like a piece of stone."
   Whitney- "A piece of stone?"
   Jacob- "Yeah, Dad.  It was really hard!  Hard like a mineral!  He was a piece of stone!"  And that's how Jacob's mind works.

     Jared starts basketball next month and he is really excited!  He talks about it almost every day.  He loves 1st grade and is becoming a great little reader.  He still sucks his thumb.  Nothing we have tried has worked.  I think he'll just stop when he's ready.  I'm not sure what else to try.
    Sarah is in preschool and will start kindergarten in August.  She is a 12 year old trapped in a 4 year old's body.  I can't believe how much attitude she packs in!  But she can also be sweet and loving so I guess I've done something right.  She did gymnastics for a while last year and wants to do ballet this year.  I'm hoping during the spring or summer we can do that.
   Kamryn, all of the sudden, is speaking a mile a minute.  And you can understand more and more of what she says.  She has always been a little parrot and it seems to really be paying off now.  She knows all her letters and numbers 1-9, and 0.  She mimics everything her siblings say and is absolutely adorable!
    We've been asked if we will have more.  I don't know.  I feel like right now I am emotionally stretched as far as I will go.  I love my children very much.  I just don't think I can add more at the moment.  We are in a good place right now.  I can enjoy my kids and helping at the school and serving at church without worrying about a little baby or a due date.  It's nice to just BE for a while.

2 comments:

Cassondra said...

I love this post so much! It makes me happy to hear how your family is doing! I LOVE Jacobs conversation with Whitney! He is SO smart!
Adorable kids! Thanks for the update!

Grooving Gartners said...

I can't believe that you have an eight year old either, that makes me feel old just reading it. It is so funny how all your kids, to me, look exactly alike and SO adorable