Thursday, February 21, 2013

Good day

       Yesterday and today were spent getting reaquainted with an old friend and getting to know a new friend.  The kids and I went to Windsor yesterday and spent the afternoon and evening with friends that we made when we had lived there. The funny thing, is that we only knew each other for about a year before we moved back here.  That was 5 years ago!  With the exception of last year, we have kept in pretty good touch.  So it was nice to go back.  It seems to take a little bit to get in the groove, but then talking and catching up becomes easier.  We left her hubby with the kids and then went to a movie.  It was nice to have some girl time, minus kids!  We stayed up late talking and the kids and I spent the night there since I'm an old lady about driving at night.
     We came back early this morning and then went to lunch at my cousin's house.  But I wasn't there to see him!  Recently he has gotten married and has a precious new baby boy.  His wife and I have talked a few times and they've come over for dinner, but it was nice today to have just one-on-one time (unless you count the 6 kids that were there too; I don't!).  I'm hoping to continue to get to know her better.  It's nice to have a new friend :).
     I did feel a little bad because Whitney ended up having a Training Day (which means day shift) yesterday so he was all alone last night.  But I think he enjoyed having a quiet house for once!

No comments: